Hey guys, in this post, we are gonna talk about how we can install third party apps without the Google Play Store. As you all know android is an open-source platform and we can install third party apps without the Google Play Store. There can be many possible reasons to install the application from outside the play store. So we are gonna focus on how to do that.
There are two ways you can use to install third party apps without the Google Play Store.
- First, you can download the apk file from the websites and manually install them.
- Second, you can use any third party app stores like apkmirror, Amazon’s app store etc. There are many third party app stores like these.
Method 1: Download APK & Manually Install
In this method, you need to download the desired apk file from the website. There are many websites which provide apk files. You can also choose any version of the apk file from the websites. After downloading the apk, you have to install it manually.
Manual installation is also different depending on your device’s Android version. Devices with Android Oreo or newer and devices before Android Oreo have different procedures which we have explained in the following sections.
Devices Before Android Oreo
If you are using a device which has the Android version lower than Oreo, then you have to allow the permission to install the app from unknown sources. Follow the following steps:
- Download the desired application’s APK that you want to install.
- Go to your mobile setting and then to the Security.
- Now enable the Install from Unknown Sources option and go to your download folder or the file browser.
- Find the downloaded APK and tap it to start its installation.
- The app should install safely.
Devices with Android Oreo & Later
Android Oreo and later devices have different steps to install the apk which are as follows:
- Download the desired application’s APK.
- Go to the download folder in the file manager. You can also install the apk from the web browser in which you have downloaded it.
- Tap on the downloaded APK.
- Android will ask you to give permission to the file manager or web browser to install the application. Grant the permission and you will return automatically to the installation screen.
- If not, then go back and tap the APK again to start the installation.
- It should install the APK safely.
You can install any apk in the same way. But there can be errors in installation because of incompatibility reasons. Also after the installation, some apps may ask for an update to the latest version on the Google Play Store. In that case, always try to download the latest version of apps which require the internet to run.
Method 2: Use Third-Party App Store
Third-party app stores are the second way to install apps with the Google Play Store. There are many app stores. Some of them are Aptoid, Apkpure, F-Droid and Amazon’s App Store. Read the following steps:
- Choose and download the APK of the third party app store you want to use.
- Install the downloaded APK using steps described in method 1.
- After installing the app store, open it and search for apps you want to download & install just like any other app store.
- Also grant permission to the app store to install the app in devices having Android Oreo & higher.
Using this method is much more easy and safe than the first method. But there can be chances you don’t find some apps on the app store where the first method comes in handy. With both the methods explained, you should have no problem in installing the APKs without the Play Store. If you have any questions or we missed anything, feel free to comment below.