Nowadays, when people are buying Android TV, because we all know, Android TVs are amazing, you can watch YouTube, Hotstar, Amazon, Prime, Netflix, and many more video streaming services on it. Not only that but they can connect to the set-top box if they don’t want to use the internet connection or if there is some problem with the internet. So, a Smart TV can be used for multiple purposes.
In this article, we will be discussing, how one can use their phone to control the Android TV? Well, in case you don’t want to use the Android TV remote for some issues, or whatever, you can always use your smartphone, which is fantastic and easy to use. So, how can one do it? Let’s check out.
Also Check: How to watch Disney Plus on your Android TV or box?
Using Android TV Remote App
To do that, you need to know about Android TV remote app, there is an application for that so we can use it and pair it with the smart tv, hence fun starts. Check out these simple steps to do it.
- Firstly, connect both your device (Android TV and smartphone) with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app, and connect with your Android TV (as the name will appear on your Smart TV).
- It will ask you for a PIN, that PIN can be found on the Smart TV screen.
- Once filled, your smartphone will be connected to the Smart TV. Hence, you can use your phone to control Android TV wirelessly.
Having problems doing that?
In case, you are having any problems connecting your phone to the Android TV, you can simply do these simple steps.
- Check the Wi-Fi connection of your devices.
- Turn off/on the Wi-Fi connection of your Smart TV. If you don’t know how to do it, simply tap on the home button on your Android TV remote, from there you can find the internet settings, then go to the Wi-Fi.
Using Bluetooth for connecting Android TV
So, you have restarted the Wi-Fi but still, it isn’t working, well then you can use Bluetooth for connecting Android TV with your smartphone. Check out these simple steps to do that.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Smartphone.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is enabled on your Android TV as well. (From networks settings, you can find the Bluetooth settings).
- Now, on your phone, it will search for devices to pair. You will find your Android TV name, simply tap on pair.
- Now, you have connected. Use the Android TV remote control app and have fun.
Also Check: Best Kids Mobile Apps